15/01/2011

2011 Nerves

I’m on holiday. It’s quite lovely and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. However I am plagued by irrational dreams (nightmares) about starting college again in roughly two weeks.

Throughout my childhood I was always nervous before going back to school. These nerves have followed me through my teenage years, into semi-adulthood and now into whatever you call yourself when you hit 22.



Nerves about moving into a new house with new people, about starting a new semester at university, about choosing the right course at college and now, about my final year at college are invading my beauty-sleep every few nights.

I will purposefully wake myself up because I'd just dreamt that I had snapped my lovely lime green laptop, Ewen, in half and was running around an endless maze of corridors whilst trying to put the pieces back together, just to fall asleep again and find myself as the Copywriting mentor of this guy:

Cartoon characters are scary when they're life size

Once again I wake myself up, but when I fall asleep again, old cartoon blondie over there has suddenly morphed into a raging psychopath with long shaggy grey hair, no teeth, bad breath and a general interest in torture and murder. To top things off, the Boss Lady has tied her hair around her face and is wearing sunglasses over her mouth. I don’t know how to explain it properly, so here is my wonderfully accurate illustration of the terrifying image:
If you'd like to purchase this artwork, or view any other, call me on 0800-GR8ART
I’m not at all worried about college when I am awake. I have no reason to be. Except that I feel as if it going to completely take over my life, I won’t have time to do anything else and I will have to mentor either a cartoon character or a smelly-breath-man.

Seriously though, I know it will be a great year and then I will be set free on The World to advertise things or write about things or whatever it is which I'm ultimately meant to do with my life. That will be exciting.

Or maybe I will just go on to study something else, something like medicine, then I would have studied for 12 years. Maybe, just maybe, the nerves would have settled by then.

I just hope the Boss Lady hasn’t changed her hairstyle too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment