07/02/2014

Things I learnt in 12 hours on Tinder.

Tinder is a mobile dating app that uses geolocation to show you other Tinder-users in your area. You pick the gender, the age bracket and the scope of the area up to 160km away. It links to your Facebook so you see your mutual friends, a few Facebook photos and your shared interests. With a simple swipe to the left, you say, "no no no" to the potential marriage material. And a swipe right means you would. You ONLY find out if someone is interested in you, if you were also interested in them. Pretty cool.

Some things I learnt in 12 hours on Tinder.

1. Yelling out "shan't!" every time you say nope to someone will eventually piss off your flatmate.

2. Tinder makes you really fussy.



3. There are a lot of people on Tinder named Pieter.

4. If you get too used to swiping a certain direction (SHAN'T), you will probably just end up doing it without looking at the people.

5. You will see old classmates and you will LOL at them. I mean, you're just on Tinder for fun. They're obviously taking it seriously. Right?

6. Men without shirts on/pouting/posing on a bike can not be taken seriously.

7. Someone named their son Pegleg.

8. One dude is 108 years old.

9. I liked someone by mistake and was TERRIFIED that they'd like me back. You should be able to reverse that shit.

10. There are a lot of part-time models (with rough photoshop skills) in my area.

11. People who use emoticons in their bios are not to be taken seriously.

12. I would like a "show me only mentally-stable Jewish boys" option.

13. It's pretty cool that the photos on Tinder are Facebook photos. So at least people can't put something they wouldn't be ok with their mom seeing

14. Some people should reevaluate how they let their moms see them.

15. Once I ran out of males between 25 and 35 (SHAN'T, SHAN'T, SHAN'T!) I found myself upping the age to see who else was out there. I immediately regretted this decision.

16. A lot of guys think that "I'm looking for a girl who can keep up with me" is a really appealing bio.

17. Guys that wear sunglasses in every photo can not be trusted.

18. The entire time I used the app, I was nervous. I don't know why. But I was.

19. Weirdest bio: "I love water" - what the hell?

20. Tinder, you're a laugh, but:


3 comments:

  1. Number 17 is so true, 8 photos and all of them of you in your sunnies? Do you have a glass eye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to try it so I can see No.5... then next time I see them.. they'll be like "you know something".. and I can just smirk.. I love a good smirk sesh!!

    ReplyDelete